A single 50kW wind turbine enables you produce your own green energy, and will earn you money
Why a 50kW wind turbine?
A 50kW wind turbine offers an ideal solution for farmers, businesses, schools and colleges, community centres and even domestic households looking to generate their own electricity and earn money from the generous Feed in Tariff offered by the Government. It’s low impact and should produce in the region of 150,000kWh annually.
Things you need to know
- e-tricity will conduct a site survey to ascertain the average wind speed on your site and the size of turbine needed. A site with an average of 4.8 to 5 metres per second is generally sufficient to make an installation worthwhile.
- Small wind turbines may not need planning permission, however it is obviously recommended that you consult your Local Planning Authority to confirm.
- A 50kW turbine stands around 25m tall with the rotor diameter ranging from 2.5 to 11 metres depending on the model of turbine.
- When thinking about your site, the turbine should be double the height of obstructions in front of it and ideally, should be sited as far away as possible from buildings and trees which will block the wind and cause turbulence.
- A turbine has a design life of 25 years, but will need to be serviced regularly.
To speak to a member of our team and arrange a free survey and quote for a 50kW Wind Turbine, please call our office on 01208 72105